Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Why Am I a Doula?

What a great question.  And also a great way to start my doula blog!

I myself have nine children, ranging in age from 13 to 30.  With my first pregnancy my husband and I attended Bradley Natural Childbirth Classes.  I was then and am now an information hound and learned as much as I could.  I had a great first birth and was from that moment on a unofficial "birth junkie!"  I loved hearing birth stories, I loved telling my own birth stories (just ask me!).  And as my children got older, I decided that I wanted to use some of this knowledge and love for birth to help other moms out.

What I really like to do as a doula can probably be boiled down to these two statements...

1.  I think all moms deserve to have the birth she wants.
2.  Knowledge is power in making decisions for your birth (and basically everything in life!).  An educated mom is in better control of where her birth goes.

I became a doula so I could help with those two things...to help a mom with the birth SHE wants, and to help provide her with information to achieve that goal.  There are many other things that I also do as a doula but I would say that those two things are what drives me to be a doula.

Contact me for more info.

My website is CathyDavisDoula.com
I am on facebook at Cathy Davis Childbirth Doula


No comments:

Post a Comment